Keeping a diary provides the means of recording both day-to-day mundane, and important, events on an on-going basis, and one has only to look at many blogs to see the ‘busyness’ which we all have. Yesterday was one of those days when the sun shines and a tremendous number of little jobs need to be, and are done….
- prepare blogs and comments
- send e-mails about choir
- rehang spare room curtains
- dismantle and clean double-glazed dormer window
- touch up paintwork in one of spare rooms
- weed the front garden
- cut back lawn
- re-pot lavatera plant
- cleanup patio
- trim wall rose
- remove old lilac tree (or as much as was possible)
- re-coat garden furniture with eco-friendly varnish
- tidy-up some daffodil heads
- re-adjust pots on patio to bring the more colourful ones closer
- trim away some of Leylandii hedge
- have well-deserved beer with Young Lady
- out for meal in evening (had to return to restaurant to collect forgotten jacket!)
…………….and many others, too many to mention.
…………….and this does not include all the hundreds of little jobs which Young Lady of the House did!
We were sitting briefly out at the back watching little ants running hither and thither somewhat aimlesly, but perhaps with their own version of a busy day. Some were carrying small leaves, but most were not doing anything apparently notable. I wonder when they got back to their nests did they have a communal moan about the jobs they did and still have to do?
Our morning and afternoon were probably the warmest this year, and unfortunately the clouds built-up and thunder and lightening were followed by a brief torrent of rain. One of our neighbours had been hosing the garden in the morning but must have felt a bit silly when the downpour came!